Something Wrong With Marble

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
Cool, you won't regret it... I used prazi pro for the first time a few days ago when I woke up and saw that my smallest marble had the forehead dent... I bought him a month ago and he's been active and eating twice a day, but still developed the dent. I treated the whole tank which houses two other marble motoros, a black aro, and four silver dollars.. 48 hours later the forehead dent is completely gone!!!!! Wow, I'll always keep a bottle of prazi pro on hand!!!!

Even though the forehead dent is gone I'm still gonna treat a full 7 days, then do a 70% water change, and treat another 7 days

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Does anyone know what the dent on the forehead thing I or means? I just heard about that yesterday for the first time, sure enough he has it... And this dent will go away once he starts eating again...

Help me out with the quarantine thing too. What do you quarantine them in and for how long? Don't want to screw anything up in the future. Same tank separated, seperate tank?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
I haven't observed it eat, but I put worms in that are now gone so I am assuming there is some eating, certainly not vigorous. Movement seems to be a bit better as well.

I got the prazi yesterday and put the first round in. According to the packaging no more than once every 3 to 5 days, so waiting now.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
the reality is that the ray is in a small tank atm. are you doing regular water changes ?

i would recomend doing small daily water changes of about 10% using hma filtered (ideally)or pre treated water. by pre treated i mean mix the dechlorinator with the water before it goes in the tank. being a small tank i think its more important to do it this way and shouldnt cause too much extra work .

get some earhtworms/nightcrawlers from your local fishing tackle shop abd after a couple of days of water changes take a couple of worms put them in a small container and put enough water to cover them in. then take some scissors and chop up the worms small.

drain off the water and feed the chopped worms. if your ray doesnt eat this then there is something wrong.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
The dent on his head means he is deathly skinny

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
The dent on his head means he is deathly skinny

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
A dent can form because of multiple reasons. Has happened to a few other members on here, myself included. This ray does not look deathly skinny. The last time this happened to me it was very similar to moosemj's situation. I purchased a wild caught female marble that was doing great for a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped eating. She also became a bump on a log and was not active at all. She also had a dent form. The one treatment that was suggested and worked was Prazi. It snapped her out of whatever funk she was in.

The last thread I can think of on a ray with a dent would be Dbjunkie's thread from about a year ago. That ray was not deathly skinny and had it. My thoughts on it are the ray is stressed.

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Another crawler was gone today. It still hasn't eaten in front of me, but it's gone again.

I know the tank is small, but I know I can treat it and feed it there. Yes I have been doing water changes daily before I put prazi in. Have not changed since I put prazi in , but I will again with next treatment. Been adding salt as well.

It has seemed to improve, more movement and missing crawlers is a good sign. Another treatment or 2 and it will go back in the 300.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store