Something you guys will probably appreciate

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
So I went to a fish store earlier to browse their current stock. I came across this monster for sale; around $400 to be exact. The owner had it for two years before returning it to the store he bought it from. I figured, since I've been off of MFK for a while, this would kick off my return!:)
IMG_5770.JPG IMG_5771.JPG IMG_5773.JPG IMG_5775.JPG

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Reactions: tlindsey and AG458

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
Welcome back!
Thanks! I think I just kind of ignored the tab for a while, but I'm happy to be back!

Wow he looks like a beast
Yeah, he was. One of the biggest fish I've seen for sale at a fish store. However, there were two feeder goldfish swimming around him peacefully; he was probably saving them for later. I'll keep you guys posted if I see him again; kind of like an "update on a fish I don't have" type thing. :D

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Thanks! I think I just kind of ignored the tab for a while, but I'm happy to be back!

Yeah, he was. One of the biggest fish I've seen for sale at a fish store. However, there were two feeder goldfish swimming around him peacefully; he was probably saving them for later. I'll keep you guys posted if I see him again; kind of like an "update on a fish I don't have" type thing. :D
So is he not yours then?

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
He looks sick, the cloudyness in his eyes makes me expect poor diet or water conditions, likely from being fed goldfish a lot.
I didn't even notice the cloudiness in his eyes before you mentioned that! Well, he WAS returned to the store from an owner who had him for two years; who knows what the owner did! I heard he was fed well, but I have no idea about tank conditions and such. He looked pretty healthy to me when I saw him; except for a few scratches on his side, probably from scraping against rocks, he looked okay. It was a really stunning fish to see in person. The pictures don't do him justice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store