South American 55g stocking ideas..

Hyperboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Bodmin
Im rather stuck atm, i know that a 55 gallon isnt terribly big.. i am not new to cichlid keeping either.. i have though recently got back into cichlid keeping again, and want to move away from community tanks.. 2 55 gallons are staying as they are atm.. but one has a young parrot 3" in, im wondering what i could put in there with him.. tank dimensions are 41" wide, 18" depth and 24" high.. anyone help?? Thanks

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Sounds bigger than 55 gallons and most medium cichlids will fit jd, Firemouth, convicts, acara, Gt, salvini, with 18 width gives you the option of doing a single wet pet in the 10-12 inch range provided you do the right amount of waterchanges

Sent from my VS840 4G

Hyperboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Bodmin
ahh, okay thanks.. well with the parrot ive got i was thinking of a ebjd, always fancied one.. the salvini sounds like an interesting option as well.. i have a firemouth, acara and convict in my other one, which get on together very well.. just want to make sure what ever else i get will get on with the parrot

Hyperboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Bodmin
basically in the tank i am talking about i have 1 blood parrot, and want to get something else to go with him.. so im asking for stocking suggestions

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
I just did 5 Red Head Tapajos in mine.

They don't get as big as conventional stats say they do, prolific breeders, really cool looking.

Basically all you can ask for.

Hyperboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Bodmin
They are rather nice actually.. geophagus are such lovely fish, have a pair of red humps, beautiful fish

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I just did 5 Red Head Tapajos in mine.

They don't get as big as conventional stats say they do, prolific breeders, really cool looking.

Basically all you can ask for.
big jay what size tank are they in and what for tankmates ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store