South American options

Bicherman

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 22, 2017
New Jersey
i am looking for a couple options for my 265 South American tank, it will be stocked with my oscar, orange shouldered severum, leporinus, and electric blue acara. Looking for some fish for the bottom area of the tank mostly but any suggestions will do!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Geophagus would be my choice.

Reactions: Bicherman

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Almost all geophagus are mild mannered. Steinies, iporangensis and brasiliensis can be aggressive but are geophagus only in name and will be reclassified when science folks get around to it. I would do 5 altifrons(12" max) or red heads(8" max).

Bicherman

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 22, 2017
New Jersey
Almost all geophagus are mild mannered. Steinies, iporangensis and brasiliensis can be aggressive but are geophagus only in name and will be reclassified when science folks get around to it. I would do 5 altifrons(12" max) or red heads(8" max).
You mentioned 5 do they prefer to be in groups?

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
Not sure if or what plants would work.severums I think will eat most plants.maybe some anubias? Wont the oscar rip or eat them? My 90 gal. SA community has sand,alot of wood.you will have much aquascaping....i need a 265! I use river rocks and stuff I collect

Bicherman

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 22, 2017
New Jersey
Not sure if or what plants would work.severums I think will eat most plants.maybe some anubias? Wont the oscar rip or eat them? My 90 gal. SA community has sand,alot of wood.you will have much aquascaping....i need a 265! I use river rocks and stuff I collect
Yeah you're right it wouldn't work with the oscar once he gets bigger will have to go fake plants.. and yeah the 265 is awesome looking would recommend! I also use river rocks and whatever I can find that's safe in the tank when I can, saves a lot of money.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store