SPCA kidnapping animals to kill them?

Hdeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Syracuse
dirtyblacksocks;2187434; said:
What happens when those 18 cats breed and turn into 80 cats, and so on and so forth, until you've got an army of rabbid, inbred cats running amok?
fix all the females. half as much cost same result.

Arachnar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Boise,Idaho
I have to agree with you guys spay the cats, they would just keep on breeding and they are literally the biggest predators to birds. As far as euthanization for those cats they seemed beyond help, and since they were feral would anyone adopt them anyway?

I always have this memory of some lady bringing a full shopping cart of these little puppies to the pound. I don't see why people cannot spay or neuter their animals and then dumping a litter of puppies on to the shelter.:irked:

Hdeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Syracuse
if there was a law requiring any cat owner to fix female cats the problems with overpopulation would end. Most people want to fix males anyway because they stink.

Havey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
georgia
In the rural areas out here, the wildlife officer said to shoot any feral cats we see. They take a heavy toll on local wildlife.

Zeppelin3k

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2006
Appleton, WI
Hdeuce;2179130; said:
My neighbor had a mutt. He was to smart for his own good. Now although he was fixed and immunized snd well taken care of he seemed to find ways out of his house and off his chain. Whenever this happened the dog catcher would take him to the SPCA and each time th e fine went up. After three times being caught the SPCA wanted 400 dollars from them to get their dog back. They couldnt afford this being a low income family. My son was friends with their child who was at my house soooo excited three weeks later telling me they saved almost enough to get him out. I let his parents borrow the extra hundred and drove them to the SPCA. It was unable to be adopted because it was a fullgrown not so cute mutt. It was taking up space so they had it put down a week earlier. How is this practice fair for animals, or their owners.??? I know running the SPCA costs money but come on. Killing an innocent animal because its loving family cant afford to pay your legal ransom.

As ****ed up as that is, I really wouldnt doubt it one bit.

Havey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
georgia
Just got back from dove hunting.

I saw two cats in the field. Both obviously feral.

I didn't shoot them...but I probably should have. There were other hunters in the field and I wasn't sure where they were.

They don't belong.

bettagurl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hampton VA
Havey;2196780; said:
Just got back from dove hunting.

I saw two cats in the field. Both obviously feral.

I didn't shoot them...but I probably should have. There were other hunters in the field and I wasn't sure where they were.

They don't belong.
Trap them, at least if they are put down they won't spend hours suffering because of a miss-placed shot. They have done nothing wrong.. Try TNR(Trap-Neuter-Return).. it's nasty that people would make things suffer because THEY were negligent.

How were they "obviously feral"?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store