Speculations of new algae growth

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Peroxide won't melt vals. Honestly though, I did a one two punch and it killed a lot of my algae (look it up)

Of course, it all came back when my co2 went out *sigh* So i have to do it again, plus I'm going to get a UV sterilizer because I'm tired of BBA specifically. I WANT IT DEADDDDDDD.
A uv sterilizer will not kill black beard algae. It only kills free floating algae (green water).

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Had the same problem and did the peroxide dip and excel dose... worked although only temporary. I've gathered its either your light or co2, one of those is off.

I never figured out which one cuz I know use a air powered led algae scrubber so all the crap grows where I want and out of sight.!! Problem solved.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

urs4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
central mass.
Where can I find true Siamese Algae Eaters? I want to get 3-4 of them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
my local Petco carries them for $2.19
just be careful and look online what they look like before you go to the store. the true ones have the black lateral line all the way through their tailfin.
The others will not eat BBA and are more aggressive than the true's :)

The above can help you clean it up but you need to find out what is off in your environment that BBA likes.

Steve

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
That stuff is a pain. Pull the plants right now and toss them. I would rather buy new $2 Anubias than deal with trying to stop BBA. Give your new ones a 10 second dip in a 5% bleach mixture and that should get rid of any spores that could come in.

urs4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
central mass.
If it's the environment it will just regrow on the new ones unless he figures out what is going on....

I'd also like to know where you get anubias for $2...I'll take a few :)

Steve

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
That stuff is a pain. Pull the plants right now and toss them. I would rather buy new $2 Anubias than deal with trying to stop BBA. Give your new ones a 10 second dip in a 5% bleach mixture and that should get rid of any spores that could come in.
o_O.....where do you find 2$ anubia?

urs4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
central mass.
thought of a few more clues for a True FF,
if they stop swiming they sink! almost as good as a rock :)
their mouths are NOT shaped like a sucker or other algae eaters,
more like a denision barb or red tail shark

I have seen them tear at BBA and never had any more since
started with 4 and ended up with one @ 5"
they can quarrel but conspecific

good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store