Spider Wire - Stealth Braid

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
if you have a good real than you should not have a problem with mono at all.I always use 100% flurocarbon its the best but the most expensive and very hard to use.I use a shimano stella 2009 model which is the best reel in the world and have problems with fluoro but i will never use braided lines they all are garbage

Spearo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
LA, CA
calgaryflames;4086136; said:
if you have a good real than you should not have a problem with mono at all.I always use 100% flurocarbon its the best but the most expensive and very hard to use.I use a shimano stella 2009 model which is the best reel in the world and have problems with fluoro but i will never use braided lines they all are garbage

Awee cute, did mom buy you a Stella?

Just because you own the most expensive gear...does not make you the best fishermen. It's the Indian, not the arrow.

Second, if you are going to give information/advice... at least know what you are talking about. You seem to know nothing about braided line and its applications.

Lastly, try and put together a coherent sentence. I got a headache while trying to figure out what you were talking about.

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
calgaryflames;4086125; said:
If your serious about fishing you are supposed to change your line every time.all braided lines are garbage.I tried them before and my catchs decreased alot.I switched on my other spool of fluorocarbon and started to catch fisg right away in the same hole.

I did a test in my large fish tank with my peacock bass.I broke a hook off a jigg.Tried mono fluoro and fireline which is the least visible of all braided lines.The bass pounded the jigg on fluoro and mono but wouldnt touch it with the braided fireline.

try using a mono or floro leader. Braid has its uses and mono has some as well. Most fishing is done well with mono. Fishing deep (over 80 feet)mono is not practical as it stretches far to much. and serious fisherman don't need to change out the their spool every weekend, just take care of your gear and fish on a loose drag when using mono.

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK

I've been fishing once or twice :). Braid is not garbage, you may just not know how to effectively use it. You have problems with fluoro? You know it goes on the reel right? Mono is great but there are many different levels of quality and old used mono of any quality is crap.

fishtex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Fort Hood, Texas
I use spiderwire on some of my poles, It is freakin amazing on spinning and baitcaster reels. Works great for faster presentations for bass and whatnot. If you slow it down or finesse a lot follow A. gigas's advice - Fluoro leader will get you more hookups. My biggest on the 8#diameter 30#test was a 30 inch redfish about 15 pounds. I got my money out of that line and it's still goin strong-
Spider-wire ftw!
EDIT: just make sure you use about 15 feet of mono or fluoro to create a backing on your reel before spooling the spiderwire. This will prevent tons of problems, trust me.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
wow alot of talk on here, fish can see braid but when your going for that fast reaction strike or fishing dark or muddy water you can run it straight. Braid only has one flaw if you tie it straight to your spool and reel it in. It will slip and when a fish goes to run, your whole spool of line will be spinning and the drag will not work. Powerpro came up with a fix for this and has little peaces of sticky foam that come with there line. Just stick one on to the reel before you put the line on, then you can add the line. This will eliminate slippage.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
I have used many high quality reels but its the angler not the reel that watchs the line. If you watch for loops, and keep the line tight then any angler can use mono/fluro on any spinning reel. Its when the angler fails to watch that wind knots and loops happen. By the way Pflueger makes the best spinning reels :naughty:. As for the briaded lines garbage part, you must be one of the anglers that does not watch his line, or know how to tie a knot for braided line.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
I can guarrentee the Shimano Stella is not the best real in the world, my Shimano Tekota is almost twice as good and 1/3rd the price, and paying $900 dollars for a light action reel is insane... Also you really seem to know nothing about what your talking about.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
calgaryflames;4086125; said:
If your serious about fishing you are supposed to change your line every time.all braided lines are garbage.I tried them before and my catchs decreased alot.I switched on my other spool of fluorocarbon and started to catch fisg right away in the same hole.

I did a test in my large fish tank with my peacock bass.I broke a hook off a jigg.Tried mono fluoro and fireline which is the least visible of all braided lines.The bass pounded the jigg on fluoro and mono but wouldnt touch it with the braided fireline.
If fish avoid braided line because its so easy to see, then why did I catch 43 stripped bass in 5 hours with it? I've caught 180lb fish on 65lb spider wire, you call that garbage?

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
Deep Blue Sea;4088724; said:
If fish avoid braided line because its so easy to see, then why did I catch 43 stripped bass in 5 hours with it? I've caught 180lb fish on 65lb spider wire, you call that garbage?
I agree i catch alot of fish running straight braid with no leader. But a leader will help when you encounter them finky fish that just dont wanna eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store