Spider Wire - Stealth Braid

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
calgaryflames;4086136; said:
if you have a good real than you should not have a problem with mono at all.I always use 100% flurocarbon its the best but the most expensive and very hard to use.I use a shimano stella 2009 model which is the best reel in the world and have problems with fluoro but i will never use braided lines they all are garbage
Personally i think flurocarbon is a overrated crap line, for a few reasons. First off it has so much damn memory even worse than mono. Second its sinks so you cant really using it in any where you are doing slow presentations in areas with snags. And third it has some bad knot strength, not as in braid where if you dont do enough loops its slips, but as in the line cracks on the knots. Flurocarbon might be good leader for bigwater fishing but, im never spooling up with it again.

rdx1555

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2008
Arcadia, CA
I've had good experience with braids for saltwater.

I like Izorline and Jerry Brown on my 30-60lb rigs using mono or flouro topshots.

I use yellow Samurai 55lb with a short 25lb flouro topshot to flyline. Its super smooth and limp and the bait can pull it for days.

Even on my Jigging rigs I'll run 150-300yds of 60-80lb braid behind 100-200yds of mono just to boost capacity if I hook something big that likes to run.

Braid gives the flexibility to run multiple topshot line choices off one setup without having to respool an entire reel.

When fishing off cattle boats though more mono is the way to go. Nothing more irritating than someone else not minding their bait and reeling in 5 other peoples line including your braid and since you're the odd man out it becomes your fault. Never doing that again.

zpetrichko

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2009
NY
yesterday i caught a 2 lb calico on my fireline! ive been reading alot of your guys' talk of leaders, when im using live bait i use eagle claw hooks with the leader already tied to it. Is that a pretty good setup? i mean the area i fish is slow but really dirty but i cant imagine pulling off that $15 line to go back to stren, it just casts so much better and smoother and it really feels alot stronger when your fighting fish.

Batboi3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2009
Huron, SD
Spearo;4086171; said:
Awee cute, did mom buy you a Stella?

Just because you own the most expensive gear...does not make you the best fishermen. It's the Indian, not the arrow.

Second, if you are going to give information/advice... at least know what you are talking about. You seem to know nothing about braided line and its applications.

Lastly, try and put together a coherent sentence. I got a headache while trying to figure out what you were talking about.

HE! HE! HE! That made me laugh! It's interesting to see he didn't write back after that yet 2 pages later. I am just an average blue collar penny pinching fisherman. I would never spend $500 for a real. That to me is idiocy. I could be "ON A BOAT!!" for $500. Not a great boat, but a boat none the less and that is saying something for a guy that doesn't have a boat. I'm the guy that spends $14 on a Shakespeare rod at Walmart and goes out pooping on bass all day. If the fish are going to bite they are going to bite and whatever you are holding in your hand means jack! The game is about presentation anyway and you can do that for cheap. The most I have ever spent on a rod and real combo was about $85 and I will never spend that much again. I am the indian.

I went out yesterday to a farm pond to test out my pole and spider wire braid and it was awesome!!! It was the best hour of fishing I have had in a long time. I easily caught a dozen largemouth around a pound and a half. We didn't catch anything bigger than that but it was consistent. I fished a black/blue skirted 1/4 ounce strike king jig with a black/blue craw trailer. Man! It worked! I had some issue with the line "bird nesting" up a bit but once I got use to the line and set my real up right it was on fire greatness! I also may not have spooled it up tight enough too, but over all it was a great experience. So far I am a believer in the spiderwire or just braided line in general. And my total rod real set up was only a total of $80, that's my walmart shakespeare rod, real, and line included for what it is worth.

Thanks for all the feed back. This has been a great discussion. I never thought it would go this far. Feel free to keep it going!

Toxic Fish 9999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2009
WI
I use this stuff called black wido it is the est line i have had my uncel caught a 50 inch musky on it

But they only sellit at a bait shop up north but try online i would use it if i were you guys

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
dannyboiiii;4083271; said:
i use triline fire line works awesome

I wanted to ask you . Is she the girl from" Jersey Shore"?

I loved that show and for some reason can"t recall her name right now but the face I know .

They are coming here to Miami soon.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
likestofish;4089080; said:
Personally i think flurocarbon is a overrated crap line, for a few reasons. First off it has so much damn memory even worse than mono. Second its sinks so you cant really using it in any where you are doing slow presentations in areas with snags. And third it has some bad knot strength, not as in braid where if you dont do enough loops its slips, but as in the line cracks on the knots. Flurocarbon might be good leader for bigwater fishing but, im never spooling up with it again.

I find that line stuff confusing. I had to re-spool one of my reels and used the line "Tequila" liked .

I havent used that reel yet but will soon. Lot of diff lines out there can be confusing .

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
Batboi3000;4090420; said:
HE! HE! HE! That made me laugh! It's interesting to see he didn't write back after that yet 2 pages later. I am just an average blue collar penny pinching fisherman. I would never spend $500 for a real. That to me is idiocy. I could be "ON A BOAT!!" for $500. Not a great boat, but a boat none the less and that is saying something for a guy that doesn't have a boat. I'm the guy that spends $14 on a Shakespeare rod at Walmart and goes out pooping on bass all day. If the fish are going to bite they are going to bite and whatever you are holding in your hand means jack! The game is about presentation anyway and you can do that for cheap. The most I have ever spent on a rod and real combo was about $85 and I will never spend that much again. I am the indian.

I went out yesterday to a farm pond to test out my pole and spider wire braid and it was awesome!!! It was the best hour of fishing I have had in a long time. I easily caught a dozen largemouth around a pound and a half. We didn't catch anything bigger than that but it was consistent. I fished a black/blue skirted 1/4 ounce strike king jig with a black/blue craw trailer. Man! It worked! I had some issue with the line "bird nesting" up a bit but once I got use to the line and set my real up right it was on fire greatness! I also may not have spooled it up tight enough too, but over all it was a great experience. So far I am a believer in the spiderwire or just braided line in general. And my total rod real set up was only a total of $80, that's my walmart shakespeare rod, real, and line included for what it is worth.

Thanks for all the feed back. This has been a great discussion. I never thought it would go this far. Feel free to keep it going!

If you knew anything about fishing you would know the difference between a $14 dollar combo reel and a $500 + reel for sure,so just by that remark i can now judge that realy you dont have a clue about what you are talking about.end of discussion.and if the fish are not biting that means you dont know what you are doing.They always bite you just need to learn how!!! sometimes better than others but somewhere their is always a fish willing to bite regarless of what you think.

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
how many pros use braided lines in tournaments these days.Not many and if they do its 100% of the time will have a fluorocarbon leader.I dont just fish once or twice but hundreds of time a year.I live minutes from the best trout river in the world,Your right its may not be the gear but the person using it,i figure if i go enough times a year why not treat myself to a nice rod reel combo.some people take fishing alot more serious that a $14 combo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store