Spreading the aggression of CA/SA cichlids...

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
P pcfriedrich excellent point, I didn't look at it that way. What would you do with my stock list listed in my previous reply?

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
P pcfriedrich excellent point, I didn't look at it that way. What would you do with my stock list listed in my previous reply?
Personally, I'd keep the GT and Friedrichstahlii, and the JD. Awesome variations in color. In a 125, I'd limit it to three 10"+ Cichlids. The Plecos should be fine, as long as you keep up with the water changes, and they don't become a target of aggression.

Reactions: Vukmir13

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
Thanks for the suggestion, I would actually love that setup, however my wife has grown very attached to the kirin, it's really pretty, so I will be holding onto that guy. Unfortunately, I will be adopting out my JD and I'm really torn on the Oscar because it's full of goofy Oscar personality, but for the welfare of the fish, it may have to go

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
Thanks for the suggestion, I would actually love that setup, however my wife has grown very attached to the kirin, it's really pretty, so I will be holding onto that guy. Unfortunately, I will be adopting out my JD and I'm really torn on the Oscar because it's full of goofy Oscar personality, but for the welfare of the fish, it may have to go
Its an individual decision. Oscars are awesome. I recently got two for my 135, with a GT and some Silver Dollars. GT jumped ship, and my LFS had some Red Head Tapajos, so I got a small group of three to replace the GT.

Parrot, Freddy, GT, and Oscar could work.....

Reactions: Vukmir13

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
Yes, I'll give that a go and hopefully it all works out well. These guys can snap on a dime so I'm going to keep a super close watch. My aquarium is way cooler than my television so that'll be easy

Reactions: pcfriedrich
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store