Start of my new Firemouth Tank!

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
Posted here a while back trying to get an idea of what to do with my 55 gallon. Moving away for school in august and had to thin out most my tanks leaving me with just a 55. As of yesterday I sold off all the old fish in my tank besides my oscar and started basically fresh. (oscar will be rehoused in time) So I decided I'm going to do a tank with a pair of firemouths a nice big school of some kind of tetras and probably a school of cory cats. So yesterday the guy picked up my fish and I had a LFS order me a group of firemouths which conveniently came in a few days ago. Went and picked up the Firemouths and picked up some play sand (which i regret using and wish I used pool filter sand) and this is where I am at so far. One of the firemouths had his tail eaten off but I decided to take him home with me anyways just to maybe give him a better chance lol. Going to be adding some Driftwood and maybe some low light plants in it with some nice rocks but haven't decided which rocks to use if anyone has any ideas!

IMG_0034.JPGIMG_0037.JPGIMG_0038.JPGIMG_0048.JPGIMG_0049.JPGIMG_0050.JPGIMG_0051.JPGIMG_0052.JPGIMG_0053.JPG
Water is still pretty foggy from the sand but it cleared up a lot. Any constructive criticism or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com