Started a mosswall today....

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I just upsized one of my 29gs to a 60g acrylic. All went smoothly til I added my usual black backround material. It just didnt look right. So my bro (peepa) said something about a mosswall and PMed me the info. 25$ later I had everything I needed. I bought some 1/3'' black plastic shrub netting, a couple packs of suction pads, and $15 of java moss (Brian at Ocean Blue hooked me up!! Thanks bro). I have it all cut to fit and Im gonna put it in tomorow. Ill post some pics of the process. It was too easy and I have a feeling its gonna look INSANE!!
Have any of you all ever tried this or seen someone try it? Please let me know how it turned out, and any advice is always appreciated.

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
Never heard of it. Looking foward to the pix! :)

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
The method you are taking is the easier method. I once did a mosswall, but I just used christmas moss which can adhere to the glass on its own.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I decided that it would be easier because of access reasons if I did 2 sections of mosswall. It was really easy. Here is a pic to get an idea. sorry about quality. It should fill out soon. Ill get better pics at night anyway. This tank sits next to a window that gets max sunlight all day. If I open the blinds I get straight sunlight, and if I close them it is almost 100% blocked. I think im still gonna see what a backround looks like with it

100_0943.JPG

peepa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2007
Laguna Beach
Looks cool
Where did you get the supplies?
How much?

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
now that is a SICK idea...looks like I've got a new project on my hands...Good luck!

Sundew

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Daytona Beach, Florida
Hey, could you do a moss wall, err liverwort wall, using Riccia? I have a big mat of it floating in a couple of tanks and never can seem to get it to stay attached to rocks and even when using netting, the fish pick at it until there is only a rock with a net on it! It has a different growth habit than moss so it might not be suitable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store