Starting hybrid project over

Kronicguero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2016
So recently i made a huge mistake after a water change that caused my 2 best looking female cichlids to die. My beautiful red texas and festae both are gone. So i decided to sell the remaining stock of my 150 and started over. My current stock is 1 rtm, 2 umbee, 2 convicts, 1 festae, 1 mayan, 1 polleni. They are all around an inch in size and being housed in a 90 gallon(short term till i finish cleaning the 150). These fish along with a few others i have on back order are going to be part of my new hybrid project except the polleni for obvious reasons. Anyone have pix of the above hybrids? Would love to see what a few possible hybrids could look like.

Kronicguero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2016
Hmm didnt notice my post wasnt in hybrid section. If a mod could fix that please? And as usual dont bash the hybrid thread. If you have nothing good to contribute just dont post lol

Kronicguero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2016
Lol hybrids are a part of the hobby. Id say get over it. But i do agree about the polluting of pure breed fish. I wouldnt want to contribute to that. Just so you know these hybrids are for my own enjoyment. Non will be given away or sold. Best looking will be kept others will be feeders or culled.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Lol hybrids are a part of the hobby. Id say get over it. But i do agree about the polluting of pure breed fish. I wouldnt want to contribute to that. Just so you know these hybrids are for my own enjoyment. Non will be given away or sold. Best looking will be kept others will be feeders or culled.
But there is a hybrid forum for that, yet everything hybrid is posted elsewhere.
If people love their hybrids so much why not just post there?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
If that's the case I see no harm.You have my apologies.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
What are you ultimately trying to cross out of what you're growing out?

Kronicguero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2016
Well mostly i will have to wait till i find out the sex of each fish. Once i figure that out it will be much easier to figure out what i want. The only cichlids i know the sex of is the convicts which are both female(i bought them hoping for a male/female pair to make tons of babies to feed my stonefish). Im kinda looking forward to a rtm/convict mix. Seen a pair on youtube and loved the look of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store