Starving an Indo

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Yeah right, I'm starting to wonder if they did pellet training in store. It was from a mom and pop shop, and the mom figure (really nice old lady, very concerned for the fish she sells) literally kissed her hand and touched the bag it was in haha. She said they are her favorites in the store haha so maybe she's been putting effort into getting em on pellets?

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
Lucky man. You get lucky once in a while when getting new fish from a store, usually fish are thin or not well feed so when they get to your house they may take pellets right away. What I do hate is LFS that feed all their fish feeders and your screwed the moment you take it home.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
I have 2 that I got at the same size. 1 eats pellets and has done for ages, the other will only eat frozen. Pellet eater is pushing 10" the other is only around 4"! How big is the ctenopoma? I have one in with mine too. They grow slowly, but so do dats so you should be fine for a long time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
^ they dont even sell feeders in their store! its awesome lol only happened to me with one other larger pred, a polli bichir haha. Anyway, how do you guys feel about multiple indo dats in the same tank? if i do decide to do this how many would be ideal? Also had a question about behavior, do they commonly swim around or do they chill? i did a WC just now and he is swimming all around the mid level, almost completely stable. Is this stress related or should i expect a good bit of activity? Prior to this he had just sat and chilled in a corner for the last couple days since i got him

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Pounding about 4 whole hikari sinkers a daily feeding! Fully stable and chillin, ctenopoma is photo bombing me a bit lol

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1384218176781.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store