May 12, 2009
Stoon
An anemone is not to be put ina aquarium. I t will shock ur fish to death:cry:

ghostbear29

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2007
Rio Rico, Arizona
huh, ive had a few anenos that i just couldnt get a clownfish to host but they were great residents in the tank. not to much movement and greedy eaters. I suppose you know the name of the anenome? Condi, flower, fire? Those are not reef safe to an extent and will eat slow moving or sleeping fish. If you do feed your anenome well, usually it leaves others alone...IME.

Remember, anenome belongs to the class of "cousins of the jellyfish" and use micro harpoons with venom to subdue their prey. Not really electricity like an Eel or something else.

Sorry about your loss though, good luck and better reefing!:)

John7429

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Fullerton, CA
What kind of anemone did you get and what fish did you lose?
Different nems have different characters... don't hate them all!

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
I know, I love condies, but mine was one that hitchhiked onto my LR, and ate all my fish!

redinfinity

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
Monterey Park, CA
~ocean;3432290; said:
I know, I love condies, but mine was one that hitchhiked onto my LR, and ate all my fish!
Was there no way to remove the anemone off the live rock? I dont have experience moving tropical anemones but I used to take care of colder water anemones and have been able to just carefully pull them off a surface.

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Umm, yeah it could move, but I think i died or something... after it tryed to eat my wrasse.

247Plants

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
Long Beach CA
Sancha;3494396; said:
Anemone is cool however it doesn't mix with convicts ;)
Most confusing pic of the year.

metalyx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Colorado
This is pretty interesting. It brings up the question, do the clownfish secrete a mucous that the anemone can't get past or does the anemone just decide not to eat clowns? It's got both ways though. A trio of 2 clowns and 1 bubble tip had worked at my lfs for 8 years. One morning, they found the male in the process of being eaten. Never quite now with anything in this hobby, no?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store