MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Wow, good job getting it out, and he should be fine imo just give him a little time to heal up.

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Yeah stingray venom supposed to cause a lot of discomfort, and since it was there for a full night he probably had it rough. Haha I think there was a thread of mfk a few weeks ago talking about if a stingray ever stung anyone's fish, there's one story!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Yeah stingray venom supposed to cause a lot of discomfort, and since it was there for a full night he probably had it rough. Haha I think there was a thread of mfk a few weeks ago talking about if a stingray ever stung anyone's fish, there's one story!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Good luck. I lost two monster fish due to a stingray attack. This is why I cut the barbs every few months now
Would there still be venom in the barb if it wasn't connected to the ray? There was another thread on here a few years ago where a large bass (17"+) was stung by a stingray and the half of his body he was stung on turned black for a month or so but it turned back and he survived.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
The venom is housed in the sheath surrounding the barb. No sheath, no venom. If it is a shed barb as in this case there would be no venom.

As for as death by being stung, it would depend on where the fish was stung. Whether vitals or such.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store