Stingray help

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
First off happy thanksgiving to all!
Well I recently purchased a 4x2x2 tank looking for something unique and found some rays at my lfs. Anyone know a ray that will could live in a 4x2x2 tank running fx5 filter with sand bottom and no other fish
Any help would be appreciated

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Any of the smaller rays will fit into the tank at least for a very long time. Mini marbles and hystrix could probably house a pair in there for life. Most male anything will fit in there for basically forever too. Stay away from black rays or normal motoro females for sure.

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
Any of the smaller rays will fit into the tank at least for a very long time. Mini marbles and hystrix could probably house a pair in there for life. Most male anything will fit in there for basically forever too. Stay away from black rays or normal motoro females for sure.
Okay thanks any other fish I could put with them come to mind ?

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Okay thanks any other fish I could put with them come to mind ?
Anything that won't pick at a ray or suck it's slime coat has a chance of working. I keep severum, chocolates and a dat with my rays. I'd leave them as the first and only inhabitants for a while though, to get them feeding and then they will have a home court advantage over the new additions.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Yes, there is Potamotrygon Hystrix, you could keep a pair in there for life.
They max out at 10-14". Beautiful rays with great outgoing personalities and a unique shape.

Reactions: Woefulrelic

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I would stay away from larger species like motoro, even males would outgrow your tank imo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store