Stingray newbie- advise needed

Buttermeltsyourheart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2023
India
I got her last month from a well known fish store in the country. She seems to between 6-7inch. I was told that she is SWC which I’m given to understand is a hybrid black diamond. I believe her breeder is in Thailand. She has been active from the day I got her. She is very responsive and wants to constantly be fed. She is currently on live guppies which I house in a pond. I have tried raw prawns bits everytime but she just chews and spits them right out. I am afraid to try worms as the LFS told me that it would be hard to wean her off them after. She is currently in a 3 feet by 2 feet by 1.5 feet quarantine tank that has soho pump running with media. I do 30% water change every day and a major water change once in a week. She doesn’t allow me to siphon as much as I would like as she is constantly after the siphon. Her poop is usually black and solid but once in a while I have noticed some white stringy ones and there are very tiny bits that make it look colloidal. As a precautionary measure I’m planning to dose her with a medicine for internal parasites however it is hard to find one specific for stingrays here.
This is what I’m planning to get.
Is this medicine equal to Prazi Pro?
What’s the lowest precautionary dose I can give her?
How best to apply it?
What other feeding tips would you suggest pls?
As a newbie to keeping stingrays I want to be sure that I give it my best. I would love to hear any advise you have as reading through all the threads here make me feel that I can do this but it requires a lot of attention.
Appreciate the guidanceIMG_5240.jpeg.
Thank you.

IMG_5246.jpegIMG_5238.jpeg

Austin1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
UT
I feed mine a mixture of tilapia,shrimp and night crawlers. my two females will eat everything but my male is picky on wanting just the worms. I’m more concerned with getting some size and weight on them at there current size (similar to yours) because i think as they get bigger they tend to eat whatever. My other 2 rays wouldn’t even bother with shrimp as pups now at about a year old they will eat anything..as an example. I treat any new fish I get to a couple rounds of prazi and metro just for good measure. I don’t know about the discus x stuff though, so long as it’s just praziquantel should be fine but I would look into it. The best thing I did for keeping rays was a drip system!!
I get meds from jehmco.com and Amazon. I like to get it in more bulk sizes.
hope that helps

Buttermeltsyourheart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2023
India
Thank you for sharing. Certainly helps. being based in India, I have limited access to pet supplies more so for fish. I have not received the ordered prazi pro till now. But it also seems like my ray is fine. She is very active and hungry and her poop is fine. She is on a diet of Australian black worms and guppies and platys for now. I would love to get her on some prawns soon. I just keep trying every day hoping that she will take it but she just spits out. I have toyed with the notion of adding a drip system but it’s going to be a while before doing a spec.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store