Stingray pellets

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Try feeding hikari sinking carnivore I don't know what in they but it seams to be the easiest pellet to get them started on

Once they are taking hikari then mix in a good grade sturgeon pellet about 4.5-6mm size

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
I have been reading this with great interest as I'm now trying to convert 4 WC hystrix onto pellets from a diet solely of dendrobena (excuse spelling) worms. I have the hikari carnivore pellets but not interested yet - early days as I only started a few days ago

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
For retics, I would soak carnivore or massivore in chopped worm juice. They have extra small mouths and less crushing capability so make sure the pellets are nice and soft

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
+1 for the sinking carnivore pellets both my pups loved them with no pellet training but they hate massivour sinking pellets

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Well I bought some Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets and thought I would just drop some in just to see what would happen and they swam to them to check them out and when they got to them they lifted their entire body's up over them in total disgust. Oh well I will be soaking them in black worms to make them "smell" yummy. LOL.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
You can also try hikari chiclid gold sinking in the mini size. That's always worked well for my rays when they were small.

The ciclid gold has a bit to much veg to use as a sole pellet

I also mix in gold but not as much as before

My mix consists of

Half a tub of new life spectrum mega
1/2kg of hikari massivore
1kg of hikari sinking cichlid gold med
2kg of sturgeon 4.5 and 6mm pellet

All mixed up in 1 tub I feed about 1 big cup twice per day

I find hikari ciclid gold mini way to small the medium size is much better

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
+1 for the sinking carnivore pellets both my pups loved them with no pellet training but they hate massivour sinking pellets
I was under the impression (maybe false) that carnivore was the same as massivore just smaller pellet size?

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
a cheaper quality pellet you can try is Spectrum Mega Fish Pellets. Just buy the new version (blue bucket) as they may have changed the ingredients - the white tub pellets were rejected by my fish.

I have tried starving them for a few weeks and introduce the pellets together with their old food. I'm now trying out some more cheaper bulk buy pellets (used on fish farms) and the method seems to work and they eat any pellets i drop on the tank now.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I was under the impression (maybe false) that carnivore was the same as massivore just smaller pellet size?

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I think your right they are the same but carnivore is more expensive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store