Stingray questions

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
^If you don't have plans for an upgrade I say no... silver aros are already huge bioload top it off they get huge.

Many member here say they are getting an upgrade (like myself) and end up never doing it or they end up doing it long time after it was needed such as me I thought I was gonna have a 180 or 210 a year ago....I just bought the stand/canopy this past week lol. Not saying you won't upgrade just a whole another investment like I will probably be putting just near a $1000 in filtration for the 210 but thats because I like to heavy filtration. An example is my fx5 on a 40 gallon breeder!

Then add that to tank/stand/canopy....big numbers lol now enough of my crisis if I was you I would just keep an eye on those silvers for now...

steviev123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Ya I'm trying to upgrade like most people say but it will take quite a bit of time to save up enough for a tank large enough to hold those fish and I also have to try to convince my parents to let me buy one since I'm still in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Ya I'm trying to upgrade like most people say but it will take quite a bit of time to save up enough for a tank large enough to hold those fish and I also have to try to convince my parents to let me buy one since I'm still in high school.

Just convince them a larger tank will help you in learning about biology :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York

Hey of to makes you feel better Im in high school too lmao, just keep pushing the idea lmao it will come around also if real commented start looking around now for a big used tank...then if you find another one compare that price to a new tank and tell your parents....then after you sell your current set up...more $$$ for equipment...and of coarse make a stand.

Took me about 3 years lmao

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
200+ min, should be filtering a min. Of 10x tank capacity per hour and unless u have an almost unlimited budget rays aren't the way to go...... constant maintenance and ferocious appetite they will eat u out of house and home........to give u perspective I have 4 ranging from12-13" down to about 8" I have them on earthworms and minnows.........72 earthworms a day and 600-900 minnows a week now u can find other food sources but no matter what u do they eat and eat and eat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store