Stingray spasm

titustitus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Singapore
Hey guys, i noticed last night that my stingray performed some kinda spasm by flipping its discs quickly while gliding along the bottom of the tank. Any idea whats that? its still eating well and healthy tho.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Could your heater be leaking some voltage? Other fish having weird reactions?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Do you have sand, if so could have just been flicking sand off of its disc.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
It COULD be internal parasites aswell, just read a thread about this(cant remember who), but probably its nothing, mine does it all the time to flip the sand off. If it is internal parasite and its alot of them, you could look after if she is breathing with only 1 gill or whatever its called.

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
dont over look this as nothing.i had one ray that did this same sort of thing.left it untreated for over a year than all of them started to do it. i switched all the rays to a way larger tank and than i really noticed it,later i determined it was gill flukes.been causing all sorts of issues for me.i am actually still treating them right now.

not saying i am cerian you have them but maybe just keep a good eye on all of them,sometimes its hard to notice but they will breath out of one lung.and i noticed around the ventrals coloration turned pale

titustitus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Singapore
hmm.. i changed from sand to bare bottom then those small little pebbles. could it be possible that it was trying to get used to the new florring? as far as i knw, its still eating fine and swimming around haha but always misses the little guppies cos they're FAST and FURIOUS

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store