stingrays r not looking good?

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i just recieved 2 motoro stingrays yesterday.... first of all i am not knew to keeping them. i have 2 leo's 1 tiger and hyst. i don't ever rush acclimation
but something was just not right :shakehead
they were really pale ..or so i thought .. right when i opened there containers
today 24 hours later they r not active at all :cry:
they refuse to eat
any sugestions :feedback:
i'm going out of my mind

please help

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
LIGHTS OFF
GIVE THEM ALOT OF DARKNESS

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
The TRUST said:
man that sucks, where u get them from? LFS?
got them from jeff rapps :cry:

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
First off make sure your water parameters are perfect ( low nitrates , 0 ammonia 0 nitrites) . But you keep rays like you said so i assume you already know that.

New rays sometimes dont eat.Dont worry thats normal. Just keep the lights off ( like rayman said ), and keep them separated from the world (tankmates included) at first.

Keeping them separated is a must when you get stressed out rays ( which i think you have ). At this point they are still spooked by the new environment and the last thing they need are additional stress from new tankmates . If they are in a high traffic area, i also cover the area with dark paper. Drop in some blackworms and relax and keep us updated. Motoros are pretty hardy so i wouldnt worry about it .

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
redtailfool said:
First off make sure your water parameters are perfect ( low nitrates , 0 ammonia 0 nitrites) . But you keep rays like you said so i assume you already know that.

New rays sometimes dont eat.Dont worry thats normal. Just keep the lights off ( like rayman said ), and keep them separated from the world (tankmates included) at first.

Keeping them separated is a must when you get stressed out rays ( which i think you have ). At this point they are still spooked by the new environment and the last thing they need are additional stress from new tankmates . If they are in a high traffic area, i also cover the area with dark paper. Drop in some blackworms and relax and keep us updated. Motoros are pretty hardy so i wouldnt worry about it .
cool thanks 4 all the info all of my other rays were nothing like these :screwy:
it just seems like they r fading by the minute

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
bluedempsey said:
cool thanks 4 all the info all of my other rays were nothing like these :screwy:
it just seems like they r fading by the minute

Its a game with rays. sometimes you get em feeding and literally jumping out straight off the box .Sometimes you get one that looks very healthy and then they die for no apparent reason. My theory that acclimating is 60% of what makes a ray "sensitive".

Just make sure you get them from a reputable seller and just relax... youre more than likely to make a wrong move if youre stressed yourself ( i know ive been there several times !) Can you take pics?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store