Stock ideas 6ftx5ftx30inch

bichir84

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2010
Tennessee
Hey everyone! Been a minute since I was last on, had to move across the U.S. and it's time to have some monsters back in my house I'm going with 6ftx5ftx30inch freshwater. I don't want to over stock nor have to move a fish after a couple years so I'd like to get your options on some of my wish list and anything you guys/ladies think would work well that maybe I missed? I'm not wanting everything listed, just seeing what works well with this size from your personal experience. 5k is my limit including tank etc (stand/filtration taken care of already)
(Must haves)
Spotted Gar(s)
Motoro stingray (lap if I can get good price)
Various bichirs (1-3)
(I'd like if they work around the other 3)
Mata mata turtle
Arowana
Peacock bass
Tig catfish (spelling? The expensive one lol)
Royal pleco
Fire eel
Royal clown knife
Payara
Marbled sleeper goby
I know I can't have all these, but what combos would work well in this size and anything cool that would work that I missed. Just a note peacock bass would probably be the only cichlids I'd want. Thanks in advance!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I'd say pbb, tinkisso endli, congicus, orino, spotted gar, payara, and tigrinus. Stingray would be nice but u may need a drip. That's what I'd say.

Reactions: bichir84

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Admittedly, I am biased toward fire eels, but I would definitely recommend working one of those into the tank. Mine are awesome and have tons of personality.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Is 6' big enough for a spotted gar? I know your tank will be wide, but still seems a bit cramped for a fish that long.

Reactions: ehh

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Is 6' big enough for a spotted gar? I know your tank will be wide, but still seems a bit cramped for a fish that long.
Florida gar should be good.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I'd love to see a picture of this monster.

If had that tank id focus on rays.

bichir84

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2010
Tennessee
I'd love to see a picture of this monster.

If had that tank id focus on rays.
I lived in ca before and couldn't have rays but not I'm in TN! That's my main reason for the wide footprint. I'd be happy just rays and gars.id like to shoot for lap's but depends on $$

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store