stocking advice

outlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
south carolina
Hello I was wondering what kind of tankmates you would add to a pair of dovii. Im talking about all kinds. I would love to have like some festae, freddys, motas, manas, cats, and then some dithers to occupy everybody. Which ones do you think will work. I am upgrading in tank size so when I make the move I will add the others so that its fair grounds and not established territory.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I think that if they are a spawning pair anything that you throw in there is gonna die......

Spiritwind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
California
All of those should do fine, just make sure your tank qualifies as a MONSTER! I would say like 500 at least for when they are full grown.

outlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
south carolina
I mean I wouldnt put all those in there but maybe a few. Just looking for advice. And yes they are spawning but I figured with the new tank it would be like starting over.

Spiritwind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
California
Well then it is just preference, those should all be able to handle themselves. At least when the Dovii arent spawning. If they are, then again the tank would have to be huge.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
How big is this dovii tank??

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
I'd only do a breeding pair of dovii with other cichlids if they were in a tank of over 500 gallons with a minimum of 10 feet length. You should look into medium-sized shoaling fish that the dovii can't catch.

convict94

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
detroit, Mi
try some large catfish...if they are going in a huge tank you could try like a RTC or something of that matter. Try some RD's or something i mean if you want a civil war?

outlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
south carolina
right now its a 200 gallon but at some time i am going to step up again. I just want something else in there and I know it works because I see it from time to time. As far as shoaling fish go what would you go with like giant danios or barbs of some sort? And I really want to get a catfish but I have no idea what to look for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store