Stocking question

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I currently have a teugelsi bichir by himself in one of our 75g. I have to Senegals in the other and I am wondering if they can be housed together yet. The teugelsi is about 6-7" long where the Senegals are 3-4". Would the be alright in there with him or should I wait it out a little longer? My Senegals are growing pretty slow as of right now. I'm re doing the tank the Senegals are in soon because the yoyos I just bought dug up the cap on the dirted tank. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
What are you feeding the senegalus, and how often? I wouldn't risk it, especially if your sens are closer to the 3" mark and skinny. The tueg will slow down its growth around 8-9", allowing the send to catch up a bit. If you feed your Poly's enough of the right stuff they will grow fairly quick. I feed massivore with bloodworms and krill. Garlic also stimulates the appetite. Feeding smaller portions more often will also help.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
I put my 3-4" lap with my 9-10" teug with no problems. But the lap has a much faster growth then a Sen in the ong run.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
You should be fine especially with upper jaws. I rarely see problems with upper jaws eating upper jaws around those sizes.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I put my 3-4" lap with my 9-10" teug with no problems.
Can still be risky. My 10" Faranah lap has unsuccessfully tried to eat one of my 7" ornates on a few occasions. Its really a coin toss. Will depend on a lot of factors that are unpredictable.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I feed the sens a mix between bloodworms, mysis shrimp, sinking carnivore, krill and beef heart. Alternating pellets and frozen foods everyday. But I put them in and so for my teug has chased and seems to be nipping. Cichlid behavior if you ask me. But they are swimming right in front of him and I feel if he wanted to eat them he would. But they've also nudged faces and been fine. But the lights haven't been out yet.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Little update. The sens made it through the night with what seems like no problems. I left a little bit of light on the tank for some security for them. I put some food in and they ate it immediately and my teugelsi also ate for the first time since I've had him. He ate the beef heart and shrimp pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store