Stocking Questions - bioload and introduction

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
I use a pair of empty HOB filters + an activated carbon reactor on a 10gal tank - no cloth, floss, rocks, rings, sand - nothing that a parasite can lay eggs on.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
fleshy im a bit confused on the reasoning behind the fact that a blue hippo would be fine in this tank for life but a harlequin tusk would not, if anything the tang swims more than the tusk and gets longer. just legitimately curious as to yours thoughts on that

GCS2000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
I thought I would update things a bit.

Tank is currently stocked as follows.

Marine Betta - 5" maybe (from mouth to end of tail fin)
Pencil Urchin
Sand sifting Starfish
6 Green Chromis (small 3/4" - 1" each)
Banded Shrimp - big boy

**All of the above came with the tank when moved to my house**

Additions since moved

Blue Hippo - 4"
Maroon Clown - 3-4" (big chubby fat guy, lol)
Copperbanded Butterfly - 3-4"
(3) Bartlett's Anthias - about 3" each

The HFIC (Head Fish In Charge) is clearly the Hippo with the clown not far behind. Everyone seems to get along fine so far although the clown did not care for the copperband for about the first 24 hours or so but things seemed a little better yesterday evening.

We are done with the tank for a while as I don't want to go too fast with adding fish (that and the fish budget is shot for the next several months). We are pretty happy with the way things look and the addition of the copperband and anthias this w/e has given us a lot more movement in the tank. Also the copperband has already starting working on the aiptasia in the tank so that's a win there.

Will try to get some pics in the next week or so.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
13 fish and 4 large inverts in 1 month in 125gal minus 1/3rd for rock displacement isn't what I'd call going slow - good luck with that your gonna need it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store