Stocking Suggestion for a 375g

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Puffers are lively, interesting, intelligent & sensitive creatures. If they really want the porc, then why not make that the main display fish & surround it with interesting, smaller, colorful dither fish, like clowns, wrasses, a school of chromides, etc, rather than making it compete for food, space & getting picked on by other, more aggressive predators?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
This would make a killer tank :D

Its a "predator tank" but very minimal aggression from the fish. These are all community predators so to say.

Puffer punk has another great idea.

I mean if they plan on keeping him for a while, i have seen some 18in puffers.

Stock goes
Zebra moray
niger trigger
blue throat
french angel
magnificent foxface
dragon wrasse
emperor angel
porc puffer

09-03-01 eel-bubbie4.JPG

Blue throat trigger - Male.jpg

F83FE9A25E76401C87DAFCD2A6880AF7G.jpg

g-magnificent-foxface.jpg

lg-24051-Dragon-Adult.jpg

Odonus niger SIPLG.JPG

PomacanthusImperatorWMA_C1478.jpg

Porcupine Pufferfish Inflated.JPG

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Nice combo. How big is that tank?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Weylin;4314753; said:
Google Saltwater Parrotfish..
Pufferpunk;4314971; said:
Nice combo. How big is that tank?
Well this guy wanted a stock list for the 375. This is just my suggestion. If i didn't have shark and rays this is probably the tank i would do for a predator community. :headbang2

stevem.ceo

Feeder Fish
Sep 7, 2009
california
Thanks for all the help As far as the filtration I'm leaning to letting them find a fish guy who's going to be maintaining the tank set up the filtration. The tank is a side job for me a a very small part of the project I'm doing for them (the tank is in a 1000sf library add on to there house that I'm building).

The stocking list looks good they will be real happen for a zebra eel I had told them that I didn't think he would work out in the tank.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
stevem.ceo;4315983; said:
Thanks for all the help As far as the filtration I'm leaning to letting them find a fish guy who's going to be maintaining the tank set up the filtration. The tank is a side job for me a a very small part of the project I'm doing for them (the tank is in a 1000sf library add on to there house that I'm building).

The stocking list looks good they will be real happen for a zebra eel I had told them that I didn't think he would work out in the tank.
He will probably be the nicest fish in there ;). Good luck man, and make sure you get some pictures up! Sounds like you really want this to turn out to be a good job!

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
TheCanuck;4314951; said:
This would make a killer tank :D

Its a "predator tank" but very minimal aggression from the fish. These are all community predators so to say.

Puffer punk has another great idea.

I mean if they plan on keeping him for a while, i have seen some 18in puffers.

Stock goes
Zebra moray
niger trigger
blue throat
french angel
magnificent foxface
dragon wrasse
emperor angel
porc puffer
+1 canuck knows his preds!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com