stocking suggestions for a 125 gallon african tank

csa dad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
evington ,va
hello everyone i was wondering if yall could help with my stocking list for my 125g. im running a wet/dry with a mag 7 pump. i currently have two red top zebras in the tank an a blue cobalt an two hybrid fish.i think a cross between a red empress an something not sure. but i would like to have some bumble bees in there an thats about all i can think of can yall give any suggestions. i would like to have atleast 20 fish in this tank thats not to many is it. here is a pic of my tank the fish are hiding. if you look ard you can spot them.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Twenty should be fine in you tank. You could probably add more if you like as long as your filtration is up to par.

As far as the bumble bee cichids if you like them go for it. I have had many in the past and never had any issues.

Some people will probably disagree, but I find if you cram them a bit, you have less agression in the tank and I find you get better color because of the lack of aggresion.

Here is an old 90gl I had with like fourty plus fish.

Andy

torbayguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Devon, England
Can I ask what size your tank is, because it doesnt look 125g in the pictures....
Mind you if its us.gallons then its quite abit smaller than imperial gallons.....
Its confusing....
America uses usgallons, we use imperial gallons, and europe use litres!

csa dad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
evington ,va
it 6 feet long an 18 inces wide an 24 inches tall. i can agree the size changes in different places of the world can through you for a loop some times.

csa dad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
evington ,va
Honda12;3849168; said:
Twenty should be fine in you tank. You could probably add more if you like as long as your filtration is up to par.

As far as the bumble bee cichids if you like them go for it. I have had many in the past and never had any issues.

Some people will probably disagree, but I find if you cram them a bit, you have less agression in the tank and I find you get better color because of the lack of aggresion.

Here is an old 90gl I had with like fourty plus fish.

Andy
what all fish do you have in that 90

Cleanbio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2010
Toronto, ON
what beautiful decor, i like it. 20 is a good number as they will grow. as for suggestions, perhaps a yellow lab...one will add rich color and contrast to the layout.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store