Stocking Suggestions.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Get a trout preferably a brook trout. I like those the best anyways. You live even more up north than me I'm in michigan so keep him unheared and u should be fine I grew a rainbow to 15 inches before rehoming him. They'relike dorado except native

What I would do also is get a pike cichlid. They're a cichlid, true but they have something peculiar about them that makes them look non cichlid and oddball. They look very much like snakeheads too. Some have very beautiful colors and different body types.id highly recommend them to you. Most stay under 14 inches but some can get to 2feet.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
For a trout don't you need a chiller? And I've had pike cichlids in the past and I don't really care for them they seem to hide a lot. And all the nice looking ones are very expensive.

I have somebody interested in both of my ATF and I'm still undecided if I want to get rid of them or not and I have to let him know ASAP. So keep the suggestions coming...I'm kind of leaning towards rare peacock bass. But I'm open to all options other than cichlids.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Well u probably got belly crawlers or something, because all my pikes come to the front as soon as I come around and don't hide.
ATF cost a lot. You can get some nice pikes for less than $175 (what u wanted for vatf).

I've raised one hatchery rainbow trout to 15 inches before rehoming unheated tank FYI I'm in michigan. Wes fugupuff has too when he lived here if I remember correctly. You're in canada you should be fine

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i think you should get a fish you can keep for life rather shoving it off when it cant turn around... a p bass will outgrow ur tank in no time. do a mini predator tank. what about a giant bumblebee catfish, and a rare pleco then a centre piece like a male green terror or a rainbow wolf... like an amazon biotope... im fed up with filling my tank with big fish crammed in, im currently trying re arrange my tank around my midas pair, would like just those breeding with lots of midas juvies growing out i think... aint all about the big rare fish to show off here is it. alot of these tanks are boring, just two silver tigerfish in a 75 is nothing on a thriving community of 4-5 inch fish all interacting. or a breeding pair with baby growouts. thats my take on it, a lone flowerhorn or midas is another option... elongatus would be cool if you can find a confident one, a timid one will be boring. i had a manny which was active and cool, glass biting ect, got bord... i will say what i always do, an oscar is hard to beat, predatory, characterful, greedy, moody and colourful, can hand feed em... what more do you need!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store