Stocking the planted 40g

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
FANTASTIC scape Bravo !!!!!! And your ram is gorgeous ~ but looks lonely!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
you're lighting, while not how I would do it (I prefer one fixture along the length of the tank myself) is fine

but for ferts, you'll be wanting more than just excel, iron, and comprehensive....you need trace as well....and if comprehensive doe snot cover your macro nutrients (NPK) then you'll need those as well. I prefer to dose dry ferts when possible, as its cheaper and they last longer than liquid ferts, and that way I know exactly what I'm putting into my tank for the plants.

Also, get some osmocote + tabs from some hobbyists that make and sell them....that'll get that grass spreading real nice like. Given a few months, this tank will be going strong for sure.

infamous

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2009
canada
you're lighting, while not how I would do it (I prefer one fixture along the length of the tank myself) is fine

but for ferts, you'll be wanting more than just excel, iron, and comprehensive....you need trace as well....and if comprehensive doe snot cover your macro nutrients (NPK) then you'll need those as well. I prefer to dose dry ferts when possible, as its cheaper and they last longer than liquid ferts, and that way I know exactly what I'm putting into my tank for the plants.

Also, get some osmocote + tabs from some hobbyists that make and sell them....that'll get that grass spreading real nice like. Given a few months, this tank will be going strong for sure.
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I will look into these for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Haha thanks!! As i mentioned, didn't intend to even buy any rams today.. But you're right. I'll probably get him a chick later this week ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Definitely ~ you already have the perfect Love Shack with your fantastic DW carved out cave. Did you see the TFH article on them a few months ago?
http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/electric-blue-ram-full-article.htm

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

A_K_Kicker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
KC, MO
Man this tank has some stellar potential! The osmocote + tabs are easy to make. Just buy the osmocote at the home depot and some gel caps at vitamin shop or wherever you can find them and fill then bad boys up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store