Stocking

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
So I got my 125 gallon. Plan to move my EBJD, 1 angle, 3 Pictus cats, remaining long fin danios, and nerite snails to this tank once I get it up and running. The EBJD are obviously blue, and the angle is blue/silver/black/red/golden depending on its mood, danios are silver/yellow, Pictus silver. I was hoping to add something with pops of red or orange. Any ideas on what I could safely add to my current stock. They have been living peacefully together and I don't want to cause issues, but will have much more space. Not going to upgrade again so don't want anything that will over crowd in a 125 gallon either. Thanks! Let the ideas flow.....

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
what about a blood parrot?
Yeah, I don't know why, but I've never been a big fan of them. Just look so goofy. It is the obvious orange though. I feel like it's a tough one, finding a fit. The angle makes my choices a bit limited. Would a fire mouth be a bad idea?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
i think a fire mouth is a safe route to go. i was thinking of fish that are mostly red.

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Please excuse my phone auto correcting angel to angle. Lol. I hate when it does stuff like that.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
If your after red fish what about 6 Glossolepis incisus 2 males 4 females, then get a few more angels or ebjd

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Are you wanting cichlids with red or dither fish with red?

For dither, my personal favorite are Denison barbs or rose line sharks (found by both names). Red rainbows can also be fantastic looking.

If you're wanting cichlids it's a little trickier. My add would be a red severum.

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Omg! I love the looks of the red serverum!!!! So for a 125:
1 angel fish, 1-2 EBJD, 1 red serverum, 3 Pictus, 9 danios (until danios get eaten) sound ok?
If serverum is a good match, I think I wanna try one of those!
I have 2 EBJD at the moment, but in two different tanks. One was growing much quicker than the other and separated bc smaller was getting bullied. Hoping with all the extra space I can put them back together.
I also like the rose line sharks? Looks like they like cooler water though?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store