Stripped raphel catfish tank size

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Yeah I heard that they aren't that active but I think it's worth having a nice catfish but only seeing it for awhile as long as you get see a nice catfish even If it's only twice a week
lool true but you'll be lucky to see it that often

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok. Divemaster99 do you have any info on them
They're rarely seen (meaning you'll see yours about once a week if you're lucky assuming you give it adequate hiding spots) gluttons that will eat as much as you can feed them so don't over feed. At one point i was feeding mine so much that he had a "third chin"!!! Since them I've cut back and now he only has two :). They get about 7-9" in average but have the potential to get to 10-12". Temperature should be 74-84 F and oh should be 6.0-7.5. I'm keeping mine at 75-76 F and pH 7.6 and have no problems. If you need any more specific info let me know.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Mine are out everytime food is in the water.
Lucky :). Mine used to do that but now he'll only swim to the edge of his cave to retrieve to shrimp pellets that I target feed him. Although I positioned his cave so that I can view him freely with him still have a dark spot, protection, and security.

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
They're rarely seen (meaning you'll see yours about once a week if you're lucky assuming you give it adequate hiding spots) gluttons that will eat as much as you can feed them so don't over feed. At one point i was feeding mine so much that he had a "third chin"!!! Since them I've cut back and now he only has two :). They get about 7-9" in average but have the potential to get to 10-12". Temperature should be 74-84 F and oh should be 6.0-7.5. I'm keeping mine at 75-76 F and pH 7.6 and have no problems. If you need any more specific info let me know.
Thanks:) I made a cave against the glass so hopefully when in put him in he will go in the cave and I'll have full view!:D

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
This is the tank hell will be going in. Sorry for the cloudy glass because I only put the gravel and water in yesterday. All opinions are welcome about my tank:)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

big_tank_boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
seattle washington
I had mine in a tank about the same size he was around 8 inches with some bichirs and use to push them around a lot and take there food..... Mine wasn't that shy hed come out when I came into the room to beg for food. He killed any other catfish I put in the tank but never had it with plecos.

Divinehammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sherwood park Alberta Canada
way to bright for a Raphael and a green phantom, they will hide all the time under stuff, both those bottom dwellers like low light, I own both, you will only see the tail of the raph sticking out of one of those pots, the phantom will be a little more active but will tend to hide in the shadows more, tone the lights down and and a little more driftwood in there and I think you should be good, if you want a more active catfish a group of pictus would work very well in your 60 gallon, and they will not mind the bright light as much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store