Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
How many U.S. hobbyist would consider if given the chance to buy a legal asian arowana?

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't like your poll options. Just because someone doesn't want to have one, doesn't mean that they don't think others should be able to have one. Aros just aren't my cup of tea.

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
thanks Pharaoh I dont mean some people wouldn't care to see others with one legally , its a simple question how many people here if given an option to purchase one legally but there were permit fees involved to own one , how many people would do it ? maybe I should have asked it a little more clearly .

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
thanks Pharaoh I dont mean some people wouldn't care to see others with one legally , its a simple question how many people here if given an option to purchase one legally but there were permit fees involved to own one , how many people would do it ? maybe I should have asked it a little more clearly .
this is more like how many people have the money to pay for it!

pURPLEcHILLIrED123

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
Earth
this is more like how many people have the money to pay for it!
It is only expensive because they are illegal. Crossbacks in America might cost $3K-$5K because they are illegal, but in Asia they are only in the mid to high hundreds depending on the quality. Once legalized, I believe anyone who wants one can afford it. Once you legalized it, the price will drop like a brick.

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
^^^^ agreed ^^^^^ but thats after some time of letting them in legally they will still have some high prices like rays better quality more $$$$ but after some time everything will indeed mellow out to a normal affordable price for sure

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
It is only expensive because they are illegal. Crossbacks in America might cost $3K-$5K because they are illegal, but in Asia they are only in the mid to high hundreds depending on the quality. Once legalized, I believe anyone who wants one can afford it. Once you legalized it, the price will drop like a brick.
they still not cheap! some 2 years old high quality crossback are already cost over $3k in some countries that they are legal!

pURPLEcHILLIrED123

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
Earth
Of course a very nice high-quality arowana will come with a high price, but decent quality aros will be very affordable to people that want one. Just look at the ray prices for the past 2 years... Henlei's were about $1500 2 years ago and nowadays you can get henlei's for $500 but nice henlei will still cost you $1000. P14's were going for $4000 each and now they are going for under 2K. The same will happen with aros if they become legal.

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Prices of Aros will still drop wether if it becomes legal for the US. The only price difference would be no more black markets for them. You ppl in the US will still pay the same as what legal countries would pay. Nowadays prices have dropped due to more farms coming out and breeding them not becuz they are legalized. For example look at prices 10 yrs ago where asian aros are legal to import, RTG's were 1000-1100, xbacks and reds were 4000-5000+. Now u can get a RTG for 300-400, SR for 700-900 and xbacks for 1000+. They will keep dropping slowly even for legal countries to import as long as more and more farms breed them. Nowadays only high priced Asian Aros are usually for the high quality, new breeds and new colors that come out. It's just ashame that it's illegal in Ausralia and the US.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store