Sudden Death

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
For some reason, NTT don’t seem to make it after some time. That’s why you don’t see a lot of posts with large NTT

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
. I had this guy for almost 5 years, he was 12". Found him dead the day after a water change. I never got another
Very nice,a full grown thin thinbar is about as impressive looking as a ST.....what did you feed it?

Reactions: Midwater

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Took awhile but he ate massivore pellets like a champ, tilapia and shrimp
Awesome.I couldn't get any of my thinbars to eat pellets during the time that I had them.

Reactions: Midwater

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Saw a tank full of 2 1/2 inch NTT today at a LFS. Reasonable price. Was considering getting half a dozen.

Walked out with nothing.

Plenty of time to ponder.

Reactions: cockroach

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Years ago when I kept larger fish. I lost a fee with no reason. Only after my peacock bass died did I realize there were fish chasing each other. The bass clearly broke its own neck. The skittish ones or targeted ones darted. Even a 7' tank wasn't enough space.

If I recall NTT are more timid than ST. Are they not perhaps darting into glass?

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
If I recall NTT are more timid than ST. Are they not perhaps darting into glass?
Don't think so. The NTT did not seem to be timid, and the tank is pretty big too (12'X3'X'3). They were swarming with the IT quite confidently.

The only dat that I have got that is timid and hides is the NGT.

Reactions: cockroach
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store