Suitable tank mates

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with keeping a sting ray with a American cichlids like a Dovii or flowerhorn?

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I wouldn't think so . Dovi get really hyper aggressive with everything that goes near their " house " including hands ,syphons, faces ... etc. My little Dovi will tolerate other cichlids such as Jag's and large veja's but nothing else . He is only at the 5 inch mark and attack's my kids if they try to come down the stairs lol !

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I personally think its a accident waiting to happen . An expensive one ! im curious to see what other people say.

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
He is only at the 5 inch mark and attack's my kids if they try to come down the stairs lol !
Do you know if your dovii is a male yet? I have a 3-4 inch dovii and i cant tell if it is a male or female yet. I posted a thread about it the other day

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
I personally think its a accident waiting to happen . An expensive one ! im curious to see what other people say.
Thats what I am affraid of, I have always wanted a big male dovii and now have a 3-4" dovii, I now to want a sting ray and was hoping I could have the 2 together, but due to the price tag that comes with the sting ray and knowing a dovii's reputation I thought I would ask experience members advice first.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I could tell what sex it was at the three inch mark. They start to get their shape early on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store