Sunken Stomach Green Terror

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
I recently got a Green Terror pair and the Male has a sunken in stomach...is this a Parasite? or is it Fungal?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Is he still eating? How long have you had him? What does his poo look like? Has potential but looks kinda bad right now

crazysteve

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
kentucky
I would start treating for internal parasites. Put a large tablespoon of epsomsalt in a 12 ounce glass of water stir until dissolved, then soak food pellets until soft then feed three times a day for a week.

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Just poured some Epsom in tank...I'll treat the tank with Anti Parasitic Meds too.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That's not looking good. Can I ask what his diet consists of? If you are feeding live don't. I read you haven't seen him poop even though that in of itself wouln't tell you if it's parasitic or fungal, but if it's eating doesn't poop and has a sunken stomach you might think tapeworm. I would treat the tank with Jungel Parasite Clear or soak some skinned peas in Prazipro about 6 if he's eating these guys eat peas like it's candy and it will clear the digestive tract in combination with the parzi should flush out anything in it's system. While your treating with the meds don't feed it except for the 6 peas as mentioned above. After the course of treatment do a very large water change. Good pellets for GTs IME are NLS Thera +A the extra garlic creates and enviroment in the gut that is unhospitable to IPs or Hakari Bio-Gold+ works also a good quality veggie wafer a few times a week is good for them along with a few skinned peas a week help keep the digestive system clear. If you can get it on NLS either the Thera +A or regular Cichlid/cichlasoma formula it can live on that forever. Hope this helps good luck he's a nice looking fish with def potential.

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Thanx for the knowledgable info guys, I NEVER feed live, and Im partial to Hikari BioGold +...Great Idea for peas.

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
That's not looking good. Can I ask what his diet consists of? If you are feeding live don't. I read you haven't seen him poop even though that in of itself wouln't tell you if it's parasitic or fungal, but if it's eating doesn't poop and has a sunken stomach you might think tapeworm. I would treat the tank with Jungel Parasite Clear or soak some skinned peas in Prazipro about 6 if he's eating these guys eat peas like it's candy and it will clear the digestive tract in combination with the parzi should flush out anything in it's system. While your treating with the meds don't feed it except for the 6 peas as mentioned above. After the course of treatment do a very large water change. Good pellets for GTs IME are NLS Thera +A the extra garlic creates and enviroment in the gut that is unhospitable to IPs or Hakari Bio-Gold+ works also a good quality veggie wafer a few times a week is good for them along with a few skinned peas a week help keep the digestive system clear. If you can get it on NLS either the Thera +A or regular Cichlid/cichlasoma formula it can live on that forever. Hope this helps good luck he's a nice looking fish with def potential.
Good advice and 100% agree but I would be shocked if it lives.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store