Aug 15, 2016
As of right now I have in a 75

9" syno Notatus
5" syno decorus
5" Senegal
8" delhezi
5" eb acara
2" Bush fish

I absolutely love my bichirs and synos but Iv been getting an itch for a community tank. My stock in mind was ..

15-20 Roseline's sharks
10 clown loaches or corys
Group of glass cats
Maybe some tetras of some sort

I guess my main question is have any of you had this issue? Where you don't wanna switch up your stocking but want something different? I also don't wanna change it up because I feel as I can't get it back... Like my 9 inch Notatus especially

Reactions: jaws7777

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
You won't fit 20 roselines in a 75...

Try and worm in a smaller tank, 15-30 gallon region and do some of the smaller community species. Will be a bit easier to do IMO :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
As of right now I have in a 75

9" syno Notatus
5" syno decorus
5" Senegal
8" delhezi
5" eb acara
2" Bush fish

I absolutely love my bichirs and synos but Iv been getting an itch for a community tank. My stock in mind was ..

15-20 Roseline's sharks
10 clown loaches or corys
Group of glass cats
Maybe some tetras of some sort

I guess my main question is have any of you had this issue? Where you don't wanna switch up your stocking but want something different? I also don't wanna change it up because I feel as I can't get it back... Like my 9 inch Notatus especially
I'm going through this as well. I'm itching to keep some smaller peaceful fish but no way in hell I'm getting rid of my bichirs.

I've been researching smaller Barb's/tetra/cories that can be kept without a heater. I'm thinking of setting up my 75 heavily planted/unheated.

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
I'm going through this as well. I'm itching to keep some smaller peaceful fish but no way in hell I'm getting rid of my bichirs.

I've been researching smaller Barb's/tetra/cories that can be kept without a heater. I'm thinking of setting up my 75 heavily planted/unheated.
It's the struggle lol... Another tank would fix my issue but I can't get another... I'm between getting rid of my 75 stock or selling my 2 gulpers in my 55

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
You won't fit 20 roselines in a 75...

Try and worm in a smaller tank, 15-30 gallon region and do some of the smaller community species. Will be a bit easier to do IMO :)
I would order 20 small ones and as they got bigger move down to 10-12

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've been researching smaller Barb's/tetra/cories that can be kept without a heater. I'm thinking of setting up my 75 heavily planted/unheated
Paradise fish. Problem solved! Look into temperate plants as well, depends how cold unheated is I guess.

I would order 20 small ones and as they got bigger move down to 10-12
Okay, could work

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Paradise fish. Problem solved! Look into temperate plants as well, depends how cold unheated is I guess.

Okay, could work
Been there done that. I had a paradise heavily planted tank before. This time I want more of a comm.

It's the struggle lol... Another tank would fix my issue but I can't get another... I'm between getting rid of my 75 stock or selling my 2 gulpers in my 55
Bingo. Just figure out what you like better bichirs or gulpers...re-home the other and go comm lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Been there done that. I had a paradise heavily planted tank before. This time I want more of a comm
I had mine with the polys for a bit, most personable fish I ever owned. Would follow me fingers against the glass and never bothered a soul... What temps would you be running?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store