Switching to the darkside.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
I'm not sure what made it milk, it was milk white when I got home.

All I know it was way warmer than it should be. Zoos still haven't opened, frogspawn looks injured. Yellow finger sea fan and mushrooms look better than ever...

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
hm.......... lol. What did you do for a plan of attack. What changes wise?? whats the skimmer doing in this situation??

I would test the tank now and see what the levels are and get the water clear if it is not already.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
Ammonia was a bit high, about 1.0, nitrate was at 10. The skimmer didn't work for a few days after the heat crash. It kind of working now.

I did about 3 gallon of water changes since, and will do more, but kind don't want to do too many at once, don't want to shock anything.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
not a bad thought. i would do a small water change a few times a day. I dont think that would upset the already mad corals.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
My zoos opened up, the watermelon zoos lost all their orange coloring in the center, some look really bad. The green zoos, are kind of shriveled, and the polyps (long finger things) aren't extending as usual.

This whole time, I though the corals would be the first to go, seems they are hardier than the blenny and clown.

Also, the green algae seems to have stopped growing and actually receding from my glass (I don't have to scrape anymore), I'm not sure if it's from the F'ed up water or me not feeding any food into the tank, or a combo of both.

I don't see any amphipods anymore either, just the round white ones on my glass. Baby starfish and snail were also pronounced MIA.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
just keep the water supper clean and keep them well fed and hopefully you should be okay. Keep up the good work and post some pictures if you can. Id like to see how the tank looks now?

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal

Tank is doing a little better. There are tons of living stuff on the walls again, along with spider looking copepods all over the bottom of the glass.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
Still have all of the same ones, none of them died since I got them.
2 frogspawn, watermelon zoos, green zoos, mushrooms, yellow finger sea fan.

I have a weird rock. I flipped it around, and noticed that the sand was sticking to the rock as if it was glued. What is it? Its the white part in the middle. Sorry pics are bad, I'm thinking a previous coral that is rotting.

And then, one of my rock is developing some kind of mold/fungus I think. It is brownish purple in color, and kind of velvety in texture.

Should I remove the rock? Or would removing the rock destroy the water quality?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
could be the body of a feather duster taking form. Mine will do this as well under the rock and sprout from the side over time. It could be other live forms making a calcium shell as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store