Washington
Kribensis, nanochromis species

Reactions: Tripping Willow 91

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
Rams, Herotilapia multispinosa, Bolivian rams, Lake Tanganyika cichlids.
Thanks, I'm sure I was advised against keeping multipsinossa with sajica by someone previously but that may have been with a pair. I'd like to keep it all American not mixing with African, what I'm thinking is 1male sajica, 1 multipsinossa and 1 nanoluteus, then 6-8 wild type sword tails and some type of catfish. Does this sound like a good mix of fish, would they be happy together or would there be a lot of bullying?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Thanks, I'm sure I was advised against keeping multipsinossa with sajica by someone previously but that may have been with a pair. I'd like to keep it all American not mixing with African, what I'm thinking is 1male sajica, 1 multipsinossa and 1 nanoluteus, then 6-8 wild type sword tails and some type of catfish. Does this sound like a good mix of fish, would they be happy together or would there be a lot of bullying?
I would do a group of H.M. with the swordtails. I don't have swordtails but the H.M. I have are sure pretty.
PXL_20211105_190609410.jpg

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
They're cool looking little guys, love the red eyes on yours. Do they do well as a group? How many have you got?
I have an unknown number because they spawned :ROFL:. 5 adults though ?. They did very well as a group even when a single pair had formed and had spawned. The single pair would defend the spawn site and fry but not to the level of destroying tank mates or even damaging fins. I did finally have to start removing fish when 2 pairs formed and both spawned within days of each other.
The original 3 (purchased FEB2021) all have red eyes but the 2 newer (added APR2021) have the yellow.

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
I have an unknown number because they spawned :ROFL:. 5 adults though ?. They did very well as a group even when a single pair had formed and had spawned. The single pair would defend the spawn site and fry but not to the level of destroying tank mates or even damaging fins. I did finally have to start removing fish when 2 pairs formed and both spawned within days of each other.
The original 3 (purchased FEB2021) all have red eyes but the 2 newer (added APR2021) have the yellow.
They're cool man, definitely prefer the red eyed ones, I'm drawn to fish with red eyes, I love the green severum with red eyes they're one of my favourite cichlids I've seen so far. Looking at your guys I think they'll be a little small for what I'm after, I'd like something a little chunkier

Reactions: fishguy1978

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
They're cool man, definitely prefer the red eyed ones, I'm drawn to fish with red eyes, I love the green severum with red eyes they're one of my favourite cichlids I've seen so far. Looking at your guys I think they'll be a little small for what I'm after, I'd like something a little chunkier
The red eyes come with age. Check out the H. Liberifer or the H. Notatus both have red eyes and are much more attractive in my opinion. I have all three.

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
The red eyes come with age. Check out the H. Liberifer or the H. Notatus both have red eyes and are much more attractive in my opinion. I have all three.
Ah I didn't know that, is that the same with your multipsinossa? They're all very nice fish, I'd be happy with any but I think the yellows of the notatus might just win it for me, hopefully one day I'll be able to get a tank large enough to house some of these

Reactions: fishguy1978

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Ah I didn't know that, is that the same with your multipsinossa? They're all very nice fish, I'd be happy with any but I think the yellows of the notatus might just win it for me, hopefully one day I'll be able to get a tank large enough to house some of these
Yes, at least that is what I have been told.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store