Taming a Basilisk

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Truthfully I've always found it best to leave them alone and not force yourself on them. Just let them come to you on their own, then reward them with food when they do.

Here are some CWDs belonging to a member on another forum I'm on, which are not forcibly handled at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XH7w-Qjto

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Thanks guys, I guess I am slightly leaning towards water dragons right in terms of handleability. But I currently have a pair of madagascan dwarf iguanas and the male is literally unhandlable. so I can't imagine any basilisk would be harder, especially if I got it at a young age and got it used to being handled. Does anyone agree, or should I just go with water dragon?

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
No matter how much you try to tame it, you'll never have a Basilisk with the temperament of a Water Dragon. Babies will calm down with time but they're still flighty. Basilisks have a bad habit of taking blind leaps and running off when they're startled.

Gagesmith

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Saskatoon sk
No matter how much you try to tame it, you'll never have a Basilisk with the temperament of a Water Dragon. Babies will calm down with time but they're still flighty. Basilisks have a bad habit of taking blind leaps and running off when they're startled.
Not true, we had 2 basilisks who were Just as freindly as any wd that ive seen !

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Not true, we had 2 basilisks who were Just as freindly as any wd that ive seen !

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Already got my basilisk the other day, hes captive bred and extremely easy to handle. I'd say the same as a young beardy. As with any arboreal lizard getting them out of the enclosure is difficult but once out they are relaxed.

I am letting him settle in right now but after a week or so of regular scheduled feedings and misting etc I will begin handling him each day

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store