Tanganyika Vendor

AquaApprentice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Who is a good vendor of Tanganyikan cichlids? I am very limited in my area when it comes to Tanganyikans as Mbuna are so popular (and for good reason, as Mbuna are amazing cichlids) and I have so far only been able to locate Julidichromes, Neolamp. Brichardi and Leleupi; in the past I have seen Cyphotilapia and Lamp. Calvus, but that is all the Tangs I can rememeber seeing in the past.

Anyone have good experiences with any Tanganyikan vendors in particular?

Also, what are some good shell-dwelling speices?

shellies215

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
PA
In my opinion, reservestockcichlids.com has the nicest looking best quality tanganyikans.
As far as shell dwellers, I think they're all great, but ocellatus is my favorite, so far. They have tons of personality.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
yup daves rarefish is awesome! great shellies and a whole bunch of hard to find kinds. Little africa also has some primo tangs

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
shellies215;5054989; said:
In my opinion, reservestockcichlids.com has the nicest looking best quality tanganyikans.
As far as shell dwellers, I think they're all great, but ocellatus is my favorite, so far. They have tons of personality.
Yeah, obviously you can't make the trip up to his fishery to see just how great his selection is but I have and can vouch that all his fish are the best quality. I went and looked at pretty much every fish tank he had and didn't see one sick one. I would definitely look into using his services. Just a great experience and all the fish are doing very well. Not to mention, his prices are extremely fair.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store