tank conversion 5000 to 10000 gallons

karledward76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Philippines
Hi John,
You have an awesome ]I[onster tank. I have a question of pleco and acrylic. Do you scratch the acrylic when they suck on it?
I'm thinking to put pleco in my own monster tank 2700gals.
How big are your temensis now? my temesis are 24" already. Also Is the wallago attu good? I'm planning to buy one. I'm not a fan of arapaima. because i will not have space to move him next time. But i love their color. Mostly i have cichla and pangasius Hi fin shark around 36" . and mekong catfish, but not that big yet. around 12-15in". Also have a pignose turtle around 20". Started growing my fishes in 800gal tank and 2300gal pond.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I went though this whole thread and it was very impressive did this fish tank show up on animal planet?

I have a question about this super sized fish tank I'm thinking about building a 10 foot by 12 foot cinder block in my house when I move out and I'm glad you mentioned the prices of a ten by six foot sheet of two inch thick pleix would be around $2600. Would you recomend the pleix glass being three to four inches instead or would two inches be eought instead? This ten by 12 foot fish tank would only be phase I of a two to three phase fish tank system depending on how long I live in the house.

I'm thinking about having a six to eight inch across clear pvc pipe running from this first tank to a larger future tank?

I also would like to build a really big master tank that would be 20 feet long and ten to 15 feet wide and six to seven feet deep. I'm thinking would having a cement or filled cinder block wall deivding it into two sections shapped like a flooded model dam that would run from the earth side of the fish tank wall to the side with all the viewing windows in it to act as a brach which might help keep the cinder blocks on the viewing window side from bending?

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
Garlover;4724731; said:
i also just finished looking through the whole thread. Very nice. Obviously you have some serious knowledge in keeping fish like this. I will be checking in on the "sam cam" often!

:)

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
How much did it cost you for your aylic sheets also how many feet by how many feet are they and how much did it cost?

I'm trying to find the costs of these 1000 plus gallon tanks in that might try to build one day.

GWB654

Feeder Fish
Nov 25, 2010
Hawaii
just wondering if the live cam works with mac? i cannot get it to work. i think it is operator error on my part! awesome tank. i can only dream.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
WOW - Just skimmed threw and I am watching the SAM CAM - LOL amazing!

joe229

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2011
west covina ca
This is as good or better than a public aquarium. All i can say is wow. I live in the LA area would it be possible to see the tank in person? and talk about the construction process? because i will be starting on a build like this just quite a bit smaller (2000 gallons) but i like how your tank is put together.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
joe, i don't know about the future, but for the past several years John has invited MFK to his place for our annual southern California get together. it is usually in August.

the tank is even more awesome in person.. and John is very nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store