tank conversion 5000 to 10000 gallons

Leaky

Feeder Fish
Feb 10, 2011
Cebu
I am interested to know how you will approach sealing the windows to the concrete. I have a similar project with some minor leaks at the joins (esp when temp drops due to contraction). I didn't use a frame - just epoxy primer on the concrete and then silicone.

Whats yer plan and what are your thoughts on this crucial join?

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
Leaky;4878191; said:
I am interested to know how you will approach sealing the windows to the concrete. I have a similar project with some minor leaks at the joins (esp when temp drops due to contraction). I didn't use a frame - just epoxy primer on the concrete and then silicone.

Whats yer plan and what are your thoughts on this crucial join?

i used a stainless steel frame which was sealed with fiberglass cloth and pond armor to the wall. then siliconed the 2 inch plastic in place

this tank was completed in 2007

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
Did you have to build a speical joint in the cinder blocks or the cement for the windows to fit into the tank? Also where could you get a stainless steel frame like that at?

Kerricko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi, UAE/Florida
I just spent the better part of 5 hours reading 3 or 4 threads and i don't know how many pages. Awsome projects, great tank and the fish are beautiful. Definately some inspiration. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Mike King

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Massachusetts
another amazing build!!!

Dave J

Feeder Fish
Aug 17, 2012
missouri
I wiil be building a tank from cinder blocks. It will be 20ft long, 3ft deep,3.5wide. One wall will be half of basement wall (outside) 10ft thencinder block extends another 10ft then backfilled. The 2 ends will be back filled. The 4th wall will be free standing. That will be about 210 cubic ft I think and 1570.9090 gallons of water, I think. Would I need to fill the cinder blocks with concrete, and will I need rebar per block. If so will I need 1 or 2. Will I need a horizontal rebar like in your picture? I'm thinking about a couple of small windows also. How would I go about that. The inside will be a pool liner. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store