tank help with fx6

kevvang08

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2018
I have a 180 gallon tank with an fx6. I don't know if the fx6 not having a strong intake but I have alot of fish waste on the bottom of my tank. I do clean my tank every 2 weeks and I notice my fx6 is not really that dirty when I clean that too. My old 406 with my 80 gallon tank. That 406 was full of waste when I do the daily 2 weeks cleaning and cycling.

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
I have a 180 gallon tank with an fx6. I don't know if the fx6 not having a strong intake but I have alot of fish waste on the bottom of my tank. I do clean my tank every 2 weeks and I notice my fx6 is not really that dirty when I clean that too. My old 406 with my 80 gallon tank. That 406 was full of waste when I do the daily 2 weeks cleaning and cycling.
Not sure where you have intakes and outlet setup....a 180 gallon really needs two fx6 in my opinion at a minimum. No clue what your stock is. Big fish need lots of filtration!

Reactions: monkeybike

kevvang08

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2018
I have 9 shubunkin there like 2 to 3 inches. My intake is on all the way on the left side of the tank and the outtake is on the very far right of the tank and also its connected to a 1/2 chiller. I also have no gravel because I seen my shubunkin eats them sometimes and think they are food.

kevvang08

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2018
would this one work its an hygger Aquarium Circulation Pump, Fish Tank Wavemaker Reef Powerhead for Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium, 2000GPH, 360 Degree Rotatable Head Pump

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Keep in mind the FX6 is a FAR bigger filter than the 406.

I agree with others, 2 FX6s would be good on that size tank. That will get you up to a reasonable 10X turnover.

If you're putting in a powerhead, maybe something like a Jebao RW-8. Fairly reliable, inexpensive, lots of wide slow current, but adjustable. Just point it towards the bottom of the tank and it should get everything circulating well and off the bottom.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store