Tank ideas?

Skalper666

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
NS, Canada
I'd avoid the single wet pet, its gets boring IMO.

I say go for a small/medium cichlid community, then you get the interaction and feel good from knowing they're in an appropriately sized tank
I agree the wet pet will probably get old for you. Eventually you may regret only having one fish in the tank, once u see more that u like (but cant add). The 40 breeder is a nice classic size for several fish. Low height means lots of surface area on the bottom.

ngav3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
lowell ma
I agree the wet pet will probably get old for you. Eventually you may regret only having one fish in the tank, once u see more that u like (but cant add). The 40 breeder is a nice classic size for several fish. Low height means lots of surface area on the bottom.
The more i think about it, although the 65 is larger in volume the footprint really isnt great.

For a 40g breeder, what would be some good ca/sa cichlids to keep in there, and potentially breed?

Skalper666

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
NS, Canada
Whatever you are interested in.. that won't get too big. Some commonly available ones are dwarf cichlids, blue acaras, keyholes, firemouths(might be pushing it), convicts, angelfish... if you plant it, it will look even better.

ngav3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
lowell ma
Hmmm....i think a well planted tank with acaras in it sounds good...

Would a pair of severums be too much?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store