Tank is Cracked!!!

soul_assassin

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
Mississauga
If you didnt already I would empty it, or at least bring the water down to half way. I had a small crack in my 65g tall and 6-7 hours later 65g of water in my bedroom on the second floor. I was at the lfs getting the replacement when my brother called...needles to say my family was not very happy, lol

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Hope it doesn't take like 3 months and no run around like "may be it was your stand?!?"
No kidding. unfortunately I don't have anywhere else to keep the fish yet. I am calling the company tomorrow.

Also the stand was a custom built with overkill bracing and support. Tank is almost perfectly level too.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
If you didnt already I would empty it, or at least bring the water down to half way. I had a small crack in my 65g tall and 6-7 hours later 65g of water in my bedroom on the second floor. I was at the lfs getting the replacement when my brother called...needles to say my family was not very happy, lol
I'm watching the tank and crack to see how it goes first. No water leak yet which is probably why I didn't notice it sooner.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Be careful. If the stand was not one of theirs, there is a good chance they won't honor the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Who was the manufacturer? Is it a factory stand? Did you have styro under it? I think a crack will be pretty hard to get warrantied. Don't be real surprised if you get jerked around. I feel bad for you, man. Never had one crack but have had seams leak before.

Sarmo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
SouthWest MT
you should really go find a stock tank or barrel, anything to get the pressure off that glass before you regret it!!
it sucks when things fail but don't let it get worse by having the tank come apart on you.
do you know anybody with an older empty tank you could borrow?
I wish you luck, sorry about cracks

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Who was the manufacturer? Is it a factory stand? Did you have styro under it? I think a crack will be pretty hard to get warrantied. Don't be real surprised if you get jerked around. I feel bad for you, man. Never had one crack but have had seams leak before.
I think the manufacturer was Aqueon. I've got all of my original paperwork, warranty, and receipts from the purchase.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
you should really go find a stock tank or barrel, anything to get the pressure off that glass before you regret it!!
it sucks when things fail but don't let it get worse by having the tank come apart on you.
do you know anybody with an older empty tank you could borrow?
I wish you luck, sorry about cracks
I think we might have something around the house like some Brute tubs but I'm nervous about using that. My fish are quite large and I don't them to be over-stressed in the whole process.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I am calling the manufacturer tomorrow morning ASAP to get the ball rolling. I'm nervous about seeing what they have to say. IMO, I'm not to blame for this crack.

My husband did tell me, "honey, don't get any bigger tanks than what you already have". lol I looked at him like he was crazy for that piece of advice.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
The stand was one my father built for me with engineered/drawn plans. The footprint is extremely sturdy and it is solid as a rock.

I did not have any Styrofoam underneath the tank only because I had leveled the entire thing before I moved the stand into place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store