tank mate for alligator gar

oscar300

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
UK
:iagree: Good post mate

I have not been here long but have noticed people are quick to judge and talk down to you in there replies. On the other side I have seen alot of members that love this place to the end:headbang2

There are however nice members out there who will give good solid advice without judging the person by the original post/tank size. On that note im glad I passed up buying two aly gars yesterday as I was unaware what monsters they grew to be:WHOA: As for tank mates, er, feeders by the look of your avtar:WHOA: :WHOA:

LA213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2006
Los Angeles
well who cares what everyone else says. im sure u know they get big bc ur avtar shows a monster. so u know u will get a bigger tank. so u know u will haft to sell it or get a bigger tank so thats why im not gonna tell u get a great white or something bc ur just a monster fish keeper who wants monster fish. its just people on here wanna make sure u have the right setup for it and u know what to expect. so no hard feelings its just mfk members like to to tell u how it is... anyway bro u can keep them with anything as long as the fis cant fit in its mouth. good luck to u and cant wait to hear some more updates. oh and welcome to monster fish keepers bc by the way it sounds u love monster fish so u will love it here. :)
well thanks and i will post more updates as it gets bigger

scabbedwings616

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2013
United States
I have a gator and he is 14 inches. He is in with ghost knife, tiger shovel, tire track eel, common pleco, Florida gar, spotted gar also. Have had no issues so far. Keep feeding him and watch him grow. Don't listen to these people about tank size and all. Let them judge You all they want. You have it and cannot change it!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
do you realize that this thread is dead almost 8 years ago?

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
the key to keeping a gator gar with other fish is not to feed it live food they are much more aggressive when feed live. I bought a gator gar about 4months ago all it would eat is goldfish, He started to shred all my black bar silver dollars and red hooks and killed three or four fish before I moved it them to another tank. I got him off live food and got him to eat Tiliapa Krill and Hikari jumbo Carnisticks and he grew about 2 inches to 26 inches and is five times as fat as when I got him,so don't believe what everyone says that you can only keep fish that your willing to loose because I think that if you keep them well feed they do not care to chase the other fish because there is no need to.I have an arowana 16 flag tail two Ococars,Buttercaforie,two foot red tail garamie,8 1nch true parrot and they are all doing well in a 420 gallon tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store