• Heck no, this is dumb, whats wrong with you Rob

• I like cheese

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Having reviewed all of the Tank of the X threads since my absence and noting how difficult it was for Gourami Swami Gourami Swami to get entrants to the monthly version of the contest with a limited number of entrants submitting the same tanks time and again, I would propose a new way to do the contest. The difficulties in this seem self evident in retrospect, so I suppose we should pivot to address these issues.

My suggestion would be to move Tank of the Month into one consolidated Tank of the Year contest that awards a photography award which would be based on the number of entrants. Say 20 or fewer would be bronze, 21-50 would be silver and 51+ would be gold. Those gold photography medals are few and far between after all.

As I've always said for better than a decade, the awards and contests belong to MFK, I just administrate them (with GS's help in this particular instance).

What say you? Vote in the poll!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Good idea. Think it’ll work.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I like it! Every other month just gets hard, not enough new tanks in that time. I think this would definitely help.

Reactions: tlindsey

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
How about “fish of the month” ? Try to gain some flow on here some how like the old days show casing some monsters lol…

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
How about “fish of the month” ? Try to gain some flow on here some how like the old days show casing some monsters lol…
Voting for this! Allows contestants to enter multiple times. A lot more subjective than photo, can be a fun reward rather than a serious contest! Great for engagement too

Reactions: Reese11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store