Tank of the Month June- Postponed to August

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Hello MFK,
I just wanted to pop in and give an update for anyone wondering where the TOTM contest is this month.
This has been a very busy time for me, my career has taken a positive turn, which is nice, but has left me with barely any free time. Coupled with some difficult family situations right now, the contest has gone to the wayside this month.

That said, I don't want to keep you guys waiting, and plan to resume with the next TOTM in August. Anybody who sent in a TOTM this month, will be entered in August, so we should have a great turnout.
If anybody has any questions about the contests, feel free to shoot me a message.
Thanks
-GS

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Why must there be a distinction between fish pics, tank pics or anything else?

Make it plain ol' Photo of the Month, and allow any photo that is in any way aquarium-related. A complete free-for-all is always fun. And, of course, in January all the winners from the previous year face off for a Photo of the Year.

Last edited:

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Why must there be a distinction between fish pics, tank pics or anything else?

Make it plain ol' Photo of the Month, and allow any photo that is in any way aquarium-related. A complete free-for-all is always fun. And, of course, in January all the winners from the previous year face off for a Photo of the Year.
I dont know, i think with photo of the month an expensive camera and some editing skills can really tip thing in your favour.
With tank of the month your tank scaping skills are on display and no matter what camera you use you cant really make it look better than it is, thats probaly why i prefer TOTM.
Either way, it looks like its all over for now anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store