Tank rocks question

turtle_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
Virginia
Thanks to all of you! The rocks that I currently have in there are natural. After reading all of your responses, I have decided to maybe go a different route and add some driftwood instead. I don't want to take any chances, especially with Big Al (my algae eater)!

I am going to look at some driftwood this weekend.

I do have one more question, I read somewhere that you can take natural rocks and they can be "glued" together using tank glass sealer and place it in the tank without hurting turtles. Is that something worth trying? I have about 40 lbs of natural rock that I originally had in my turtle tank...today I took them all out, but a few and decided to try something a little different. I would like to make a rock wall of some kind but I'm not sure what would be the safest thing to use to hold the rocks together. Any suggestions?

Oh and below is a picture of Big Al! Hes my big baby! :)

AL 2.JPG

AL 3.JPG

AL 4.JPG

TRENT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
OREGON
Hey turtle_girl you could also go to a place that sells rock for masonry work. I bought around 120lb's for 18.00. I soaked it in water for a few days then pressure washed it. (overkill). Turned out good and the fish love it.

DSC00327.JPG

DSC00336.JPG

DSC00321.JPG

turtle_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
Virginia
WOW! I love your tank setup! Its gorgeous! I did buy some driftwood...and Big Al does loves it! Now that the fish tank is done, Im working on my 55 gal turtle tank. Ill post some pictures in a few minutes.

turtle_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
Virginia
First pics are with the new driftwood. And then the turtle tank, which I think I am actually going to make a second cave ramp to them on the left...I just dont like the generic turtle ramp.

new tanky.JPG

new tanky1.JPG

new turtles.JPG

turtle tank 1.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store