Jessabelle?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2021
I will be getting a custom built aquarium for my Jardini once it outgrows my 6ftLx1.5ftWx2ftH.
I am currently trying to choose between a 6ftLx3ftWx2ftH and a 7ftLX2.5ftWX2ftH. Which of these two would be better?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
that’s tough -

7’ length or 3’ width

my guy was pretty active swimmer

what’s the price difference

Jessabelle?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2021
I prefer 6ftLx3ftWx2ftH so it has ample space to turn. Length wise this aquarium size is adequate for full grown jardini. Are you planning on getting aquarium cover?
I will definitely have plastic lids with weights on them if that's what you are referring to.

Jessabelle?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2021
that’s tough -

7’ length or 3’ width

my guy was pretty active swimmer

what’s the price difference
I'm not entirely sure because I only asked for the price of the 7 ft long, but I'm going to guess that it will be similar since there's only a 9 gallon difference in the capacity; it should be pretty similar unless those 9 gallons bring up the thickness of the glass.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I prefer 6ftLx3ftWx2ftH so it has ample space to turn. Length wise this aquarium size is adequate for full grown jardini. Are you planning on getting aquarium cover?
Imo I would go for 7ft… 2.5ft width is also adequate for jardini, and if he would like to keep other types of fish in the future 7ft is a better option.

Jessabelle?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2021
Imo I would go for 7ft… 2.5ft width is also adequate for jardini, and if he would like to keep other types of fish in the future 7ft is a better option.
Thank you for the reply, I was leaning towards the 7ft as well! :) I think longer aquariums often look more impressive too.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
I'm not entirely sure because I only asked for the price of the 7 ft long, but I'm going to guess that it will be similar since there's only a 9 gallon difference in the capacity; it should be pretty similar unless those 9 gallons bring up the thickness of the glass.
it’s all about waste / efficient use of acyrlic not so much gallons unless it’s glass -

8’x4’x2’ cheap as there is little to no waste -

6’er may be cheaper - there are 6’ sheets here

maybe save up for the tank you like as it will be with you for some time -

GL!

Jessabelle?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2021
it’s all about waste / efficient use of acyrlic not so much gallons unless it’s glass -

8’x4’x2’ cheap as there is little to no waste -

6’er may be cheaper - there are 6’ sheets here

maybe save up for the tank you like as it will be with you for some time -

GL!
This is a glass tank so yeah hahah, and I'm not actually saving up for the aquarium since it will be a gift. But yeah, I was mostly just wondering if the Arowana would be better off with the extra half foot of turning space or the extra foot to swim straight.

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store